Lily Elle & Owen David

Monday, January 19, 2009

48 hours and counting...

Well, lots to catch up on and so little time to do it in!

Let's start with Lily and her new preschool. She started Goddard School 2 weeks ago, she goes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for 4 hours and just loves it. Day one was tough (for both of us) but when I picked her up after lunch she was quite happy and full of stories. It's funny how the little anecdotes about her day come out over the next few hours, sometimes even days. Her teacher is Miss. Martin and she seems to like her so far. She's really thrilled that there is a computer in the classroom and that seems to be her favorite thing so far. She takes her Princess backpack and Princess lunchbag and just thinks she is such a big girl. I'm so glad it's going well, it's a big weight off my shoulders with the new baby on the way so soon. She seems to have taken to a little boy Paul in her class, she talks about him quite a bit and says what a nice boy he is and that he's her friend. Better watch out for this one!

Onto the baby... my due date is the 25th (this Sunday) and after a lot of contractions last Tuesday night (9pm - 1am) and then NOTHING we've been in a holding pattern. I have a c-section scheduled for the 21st (Wednesday) at 4pm so there is an end in sight at this point. Mom is here waiting right along with us which took a lot of the pressure off. I had been very worried about Lily and how she would handle it if everything started to happen in the middle of the night and she had to go to Leslie's house. Having my mom here has taken that off my shoulders and let me sleep a little easier this last week. Steve and I were able to go out for Mexican and even to a movie the other night so we've taken advantage of getting out a couple of times this week too. Mom and I have done some last minute shopping, boy clothes, just in case. As far as the name game goes we're down to Owen and Elsie, Elsie is not too popular with the masses but we like it and hopefully if it's a girl she'll like it too. :)

So, 48 hours from now I'll be a mom of two, still after 9 months of waiting I don't think it's sinking in yet. Dr. Fisher will be doing the section so that will be really nice. Last time was such a struggle and such a tough recovery it will be nice if everything goes well and the transition into a family of 4 goes smoothly. Well, as smoothly as can be expected with a newborn in the house. :) Lily is very excited to be a big sister and asked this morning if she can take the baby to school with her on Thursday. "I'll take very good care of it" she said. I can't wait to see what she will be like with the baby and hope that I can enjoy these first few months, as hard as they may be. This is time that you can never get back.

Right now I'm just trying to enjoy these last two days of pregnancy, I don't think I'll be doing it again so it's something to remember. I do love the feeling of being pregnant, the baby moving, the little hiccups and what feel like jumping jacks and big rolls. You definitely can't explain the feeling, the closeness and the bond that you have with the baby in your belly. No one else in the world gets to feel what you feel and that is really amazing. As much as I want to have this over with because I'm VERY uncomforatble and the baby is presumable quite big and getting bigger, I will miss the big beautiful belly. I really do think I have a great baby belly right now, no stretch marks, amazingly enough, smooth and shiny and perfect. I have enjoyed this pregnancy more than I thought I would, I have enjoyed being Lily's mom and growing this baby at the same time. Now onward to the new phase in the life of our family of four. I think we're ready for the ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home